Wednesday, April 18, 2007


Happy 2 months to Adelaide, cutest baby ever!!! All you other parents out there will have to forgive the bias ;)

I honestly don't know where the past two months have gone, except to dirty diapers, breast feeding, trying to sleep and attain some type of routine (still working on that). Gotta say I love this little girl more than I could ever have imagined, but I also wish I was back in the States getting ready to head back to work part-time. I don't think I'm the 24-7 mom type, need some adult interaction. She's a hell of a lot of hard work!

Unfortunately we're still in the colicky stage and now she's added on screaming bloody murder if you set her down for longer than 1 min. to do something. I attribute this to my attempt to teach her how to sleep in her crib (stupid me), because Brendon and I would like to get a little more restful sleep at night. Addi grunts and squirms quite a bit in her sleep. Needless to say, crib training didn't work and she's still in our bed at night, but will occasionally sleep in her swing during naps - this is only after she's exhausted herself fighting sleep for half an hour and I've turned the vacuum on. Oh, and now she screams anytime she is put into her crib, even if only to be changed... I will just say to anyone thinking of having kids, if you're not 100% sure, don't do it. It's easily the toughest job I've ever had, but I love it. Anyway, after two months, I'm looking forward to month three, when she hopefully will have outgrown screaming about everything and may begin to understand that a crib is a good place to sleep, if only for a nap.

Now, bitching aside, I do love mornings with her, when she's well rested and plays happily with me and her rattly giraffes and bathtime's pretty fun too. She already loves the bath. Plus she's strong as heck - can already hold her head steady when seated and when pulled to a sitting position and roll to both sides. She's a squirmy little critter. Can't tell if she's dancing or just really pissed off that she can't walk or crawl yet ;-) We've also been working on feeling different leaves and smelling different flowers in the park (lilacs are in bloom here). Although I'm not sure if she likes it, Finn and I are enjoying the walks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so..you are beginning to see....

heh heh.

you can't train them. they train you. it's nature's way! :)

Cathy Jones said...

I'm happy to see I'm not the only one who gave up and let the baby sleep in our bed! Dillon sleeps in his crib mostly now, and I have to admit I miss the early morning snuggling.

Cathy :)

Jackie said...

I just have to say it LOUD & PROUD - there is Nothing Wrong about having your children sleep with you!!! It's the way most humans sleep!!! It's the way most animals sleep!!! Sleep should happen in a way that works best for each family and is sensitive to every family member's needs!!! YAY for CO-SLEEPING!!!