Monday, April 16, 2007



Ok, so I've started working out in an attempt to make the layer of stomach flab I acquired while pregnant go away. I figure I've got 5-7 lbs. to lose now and, much to my husband's disappointment, a few more will magically leave my chest when I finish breast feeding. ;-) My question to all you other women out there is - "Is it possible for the tummy skin to regain it's elasticity, or will I always just feel like it's too loose?" I mean don't get me wrong, it's a lot better than the morning after having Addi, when I stood up and thought I might still be 6 mo. pregnant, but there's still too much skin for the space it's covering. Also, in looking back at pictures of me preggo, I'm thinking EEEKKK! Wow, was I BIG! I've enclosed a flashback pic for our fond remebrances. Seems like a lot of belly for a 6.5 lb. baby, but it sure makes my 5-7 lb. task seem a little less daunting. Thank god for breast feeding, dog walking, carrying groceries home from the store and carrying around a baby for half the day.

I would also like to congratulate Derek and Andrea on completing the Ironman Arizona triathlon! You guys are champs! I still think you're sort of crazy, but amazing :) FYI, I will not be in triathlon shape anytime soon, despite my rigorous work-out schedule. Maybe I'll get really motivated and join you guys next year...

3 comments:

Jason said...

You look great. It just depends on your body if it goes back or not. You were not ever huge. I'd imagine you'll be fine. ALSO sometimes those last few lbs hang around until you're finished breastfeeding!

-jess

Jackie said...

Your body is likely to return to some semblance of its former glory if you take care of it (like I know you will). :) Those last five to seven pounds will want to hang on while you're breastfeeding because your body wants to make sure you don't hit a famine that results in starving the baby, but even those stubborn pounds can be overcome. I haven't overcome my own 5-7, mind you, but it is possible...I've seen many other mommies do it. And you look absolutely AWESOME by the way. :)

Peony said...

thanks guys - and I should note that even if I don't drop the last five pounds, I've got a beautiful little girl to show for it :)